Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day 3: Yeah, Sure, Go Ahead

Things are settling into a routine, more or less. It really is amazing how easy it is to concentrate on work despite the noise. At one point there was a band saw going, a compressor driving a nail gun, and then a fire truck passed by so Ginger started howling along. I think I know why my next door neighbors went to Reno for a couple of days.

The great thing about having a house with two bathrooms is that you can remodel one while still having the other available. The old linen closet in the big bathroom is being sacrificed to make a space for the shower in the other bathroom, but they've had the closet doors taped shut for the last few days to keep down the dust.

Today I was working along and the Diet Coke finally made its way through me. They'd had the water off for a while earlier in the day so I asked the guy working in the hallway if it was okay to use the bathroom. "Sure," he said, "go ahead."

So I went into the bathroom and carefully closed the door behind me.

And only then noticed that the linen closet doors had been removed, so I had a great view of the other bathroom and the master bedroom (nicely lighted by work-lamps) through the four foot wide hole in the wall of the bathroom.

Maybe I could move into my neighbors' garage for a while...

No comments: