Tuesday, December 25, 2018

I Don't Love L.A.

I spent all day driving down to southern California and as I went through the Tejon Pass (ie, the top of the Grapevine) I suddenly lost my will to live, and that's when I remembered that I feel this way every year.

I'm pretty sure it's just a reaction to driving in L.A. -- if you actually have a strong desire to stay alive, you wouldn't be able to successfully navigate through the torn up roadways, narrow lanes, and crowds of cars. Mostly I try to treat it like going on a roller coaster, which means that for one portion of the trip near Magic Mountain I was barreling down the road screaming "I'M NOT HAVING FUN ANY MORE!" pretty much like I do at amusement parks. (Note: I don't go to amusement parks for exactly this reason.) (Note #2: If you use this method, remember not to throw your hands up in the air when screaming.)

Anyhow, I survived the trip here and successfully delivered the springerles.

1 comment:

Route 8 said...

A belated Merry Christmas! Glad you survived the ride without tossing the cookies, as it were.