Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brown paper packages tied up with string (or tape if you really want to know)

First off, I'd like to point out that there are some really bad camera angles if you're a little on the pudgy side...





Funny story of the week: my work laptop was powering down immediately after I undocked it, so I took it in to the guy who's in charge of those sorts of things. He unhooked the battery, stopped, looked at the pieces, then looked at me. "How many cats do you have?" (He didn't ask if I had cats, mind you, but how many.) My claim that cat hair is protective insulation didn't get far. He told me he's afraid of what they're going to find inside the laptop -- since the motherboard needs to be replaced, I guess we'll find out.

Anyhow, teaser pictures:




The real pictures will have to wait until I clean the tank this weekend.

4 comments:

JJ said...

My laptop is also scary-filled-with-hair. I occasionally do the compressed air thing and pull kittens out from under the keys. With the 3 cats, 1 dog, and my fiber pursuits (I've started spinning my own yarn from wool), I'm amazed my laptop runs at all.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Realistically, what is a laptop to a cat? It's a butt-warmer. It's a good thing they hold twenty pounds or I'd have some explaining to do.

I hadn't even thought about what spinning would add to the environment. Do you think you lose more fiber to the house, or pick up more animal hair?

JJ said...

There's a bit of both. All of my knitting and spinning have some hair incorporated - mostly Logan's, but I have seen mine mixed in as well. Amazingly, there don't seem to be as much cat hair mixed in.

The tumbleweeds are mainly Emma and Casey fur with the occasional bit of spinning fiber mixed in.

Casey assumes the same pose as the cat in your photo. She is not as, ahem, fluffy as that cat, but she was treated for hyperthyroidism last year.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Believe it or not, this is the slimmed down version of Crow. She's probably lost a pound or two over the last year. (And that's only because I lock her in a room with a tablespoon of wet food and ten pieces of kibble twice a day while I feed the other cats.)