Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Air Is Spared!

We're going to have non-horrible air quality tomorrow, and you all have me to thank.

I worked from home the last two days since they were "spare-the-air" days here and Rvan pays attention to those things. The rest of the year my car can add to the pollution, but when the going gets rough, I stay home.

I'm actually pretty darn productive when working from home. I even picked a great time to be out of the office -- if I'd been there for the last two days I would have had to listen to them talk about that Contador guy taking steroids. This way there's a chance that I've missed that conversation. (My opinion: biking = boring but a good workout; talking about other people biking = really, really boring and not a good workout)

Working from home I don't get to eat lunch with my usual crowd, but then again I can watch hulu if I want during my break, so it's a bit of a trade-off.

The only real drawback to working from home is that I've eaten my entire caloric requirement by 10am. And I don't usually stop eating for the day after that.

So yeah, my diet is in jeopardy because the air quality was so bad. Everybody has to make sacrifices...

5 comments:

Eric said...

Speaking of bikers, this guy was waaaaaay more interesting:

The mental anguish may be worse. As each race went on, Robic’s temper grew shorter and occasionally exploded. He was prone to hallucinations. More than once he leapt off his bicycle to do battle with threatening attackers who turned out to be mailboxes.

He had an NPR segment that was pretty interesting. His died too young, but he rode his bike a lifetime's worth in... well, about a weekend, actually.

Eric said...

By the way, nobody's buying this "spare the air" stuff.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

That guy was just crazy. That makes him a little more interesting to talk about that which overpaid guy on an expensive bike is better at hills than that other overpaid guy on an expensive bike.

What do you mean nobody's buying the "spare the air" stuff? My neighbor actually takes the bus on those days. Now that's true dedication. I mean, the buses are free on those days, but still...

Eric said...

Pshaw! You came in today and spent the whole day playing with cookies. May as well have "spared the air" again.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Really, we'd probably all be better off if I stayed home every day.