Sunday, June 2, 2013

Raise High the Roof Shingles, Carpenters!

If all goes as planned, tomorrow I will be forced to get up early just like all of the wage earners...

Not because I have a job or anything like that -- the fatwa against me by my ex-executive director remains firmly in place, and besides, I remain committed to sitting on my butt for at least six months. No, I have to get up early because the roofers are coming at 8am to tear off the old roof and I doubt even I could sleep through that.

(With the return of warm, aka hellishly hot, weather, I've gotten in the habit of going to bed around 3am. When the roofer called the other day at 11am to let me know the schedule, he may or may not have woken me up...)

Woodland is supposed to be in the nineties all next week, making me once again realize that a little education is a wonderful thing if it keeps me from working on a roof in the middle of summer. I can't imagine stripping roofs for a living, but that's true for a lot of things.

Anyhow, I have no idea how long this whole thing will take. I'm assuming it will be long enough for Scooter to stress-pee on everything at least once, but not so long that the little dog stops barking every time someone is in the yard.

Could this be the thing that drives me to wanting to leave the house?

I doubt it...

2 comments:

jeff said...

You gonna have them put a roof on the cat porch?

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

No, I think that would collapse the whole structure. Then I'd have to spend another five years building the next one.