Sunday, April 21, 2013

Now I can lounge about three times faster!

So AT&T recently ran fiber into my neighborhood, and despite the fact that I was already paying for AT&T DSL, the AT&T salespeople kept coming to my door to offer me deals that would speed up my internet connection and lower my final bill.

I took a brief survey to figure out if I was missing something obvious, and the consensus was best declared by Jeff when he said "Stop thinking like an engineer.  Think about a bunch of divisions trying to build their own empires regardless of the greater good to the entire organization."

So I finally agreed to it, and the next day some poor guy came to my house to hook everything up. I had locked up the cats (since Guido likes to jump on people), and Ginger spent the entire time growling at him from where she was locked up in her crate.

Molly Speedbump didn't notice anyone had entered the house for two hours despite the fact that he kept stepping over her.

Anyhow, whatever he's making they aren't paying this guy enough. I say this because:

1) He was clearly allergic to either cats or dogs (although he never actually admitted it and declined my offer of Benadryl), and

2) He had to go into the crawlspace under my house.

In spite of those things he was pleasant and professional and actually knew his stuff. The only real annoyance was the multiple calls from the AT&T robo-dialer over the next two days asking me to rate his performance.

Now I can read all the celebrity gossip three times faster. How's that for progress?

2 comments:

jeff said...

but what has scooter peed on lately?

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Very funny. Actually, I'm trying really hard to keep him from doing anything to the DVR that came with the package (which has to include TV until I can cancel that part next month).