Sunday, April 7, 2013

I Shouldn't Be Held Responsible For This

So here's the sequence of events from tonight:

1) Go to the grocery store (my beloved Nugget Market which is one of my top three reasons for staying in Woodland)
2) Note that they still (after six weeks) don't have Blackthorn cider, the only thing I normally drink
3) Decide to buy one of the other seven brands of cider that they carry
4) Get home and decide to try the new cider brand. (It's 22 oz of 6.5% alcohol.)
5) Finish the bottle (Can't have it go bad now, can I?)
6) Remember that I'm supposed to write a blog post, it being Sunday and all.

Anyhow, that's why this blog post is brought to you by the letter B for buzzed, or possibly D for drunk. Luckily there is no heavy machinery involved.

Here's my review of Crispin cider:
 
Brought to you by Molly

The good:
- It's not really that bad. Certainly a lot better than Wyders.
- It's 6.5% alcohol and I can drink it.

The bad:
- It's too sweet.
- It's not Blackthorn.

Pretend I put a bunch of stuff about the bouquet (if a cider is supposed to have one) and ship that review.


In other news, I put in an herb spiral this week. I calculated the number of bricks that I would need, then ignored that calculation and built the thing. I have absolutely no idea if my number was even close.

(Pre-planting)

 (Post-planting)

(With extra help from Molly)

(And even more help from Ginger)


There's something else I was going to mention, but I can't remember what it was, and I have to go yell at the cat who is on the range.

Enjoy your week.

No comments: