Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Detritus of the Years



Things you might find when cleaning out your cubicle after a number of years...


(I think this note was already in the cabinet when I moved into the cubicle. I left it for the next person to find.)




This was on Rvan's whiteboard so long that we might as well have made an engraved plaque for it. Here's the riddle: the members of U2 have to get across a bridge in the dark with only one flashlight. There can only be two people on the bridge at one time. The fastest each person can go across the bridge is given. How do you get all of the members of the band to the other side in 17 minutes? (Bonus points given for jokes about why it takes Larry so long.)

The thing is, Rvan figured it out once and then managed to forget the answer.




It's one of the incarnations of the quality chicken. It's been run over. Enough said.




All I can say is that this isn't my handwriting...




4 comments:

jeff said...

You can't keep using old material. Now that you have time, I expect quality and quantity!

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Some things need to be documented for posterity.

jeff said...

I think I've solved and forgotten the bridge problem at least twice. Shouldn't it be like riding a bike?

ps, blogger's captcha is impossible sometimes.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

It's like riding a bike across a bridge very slowly with a flashlight along with two members of U2. And Larry is stoned.