Sunday, November 21, 2010

Whatcha gonna do?

Instead of following through with my plans for the day (namely, being productive in some way, shape, or form), I spent the day lounging in the dog-walking outfit (scrub pants and a sweatshirt) and slippers watching half a season of "Cops".

It was educational. There's not a lot of white collar crime on that show. What there is, is a whole lot of people like the ones I saw when I was on overnights in Louisiana. Apparently those people are everywhere.

I learned that a whole lot of people are driving around in cars that some other guy stole. And a lot of people apparently throw drugs into the cars of perfect strangers which causes problems when that stranger is pulled over. And a lot of scantily-clad women with really dilated pupils meet a lot of really kind gentlemen who are willing to give them rides to the grocery store. Oh, and some of those women are really men.

But what I really got out of it is that after an entire day of watching television, I am a skinny, healthy, youthful-appearing, eloquent, clean, well-groomed, well-mannered, and productive member of society.

It doesn't get any better than that.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yes!!! I always feel sooooo much better about myself after watching Hoarders or taking BART.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

I'm afraid to watch Hoarders.

BART isn't that bad, is it? I guess I've mostly stuck to commute hours and it's been a few years. I spent a lot of my teenage years on the buses in Orange County, though.

jeff said...

I used to like watching woody allen films for subsequent "I'm not such a nerd" feeling later -- then I remember that he writes and produces a movie every year and they make me laugh.

I can sure play a good round of solitaire...