Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Kale Chronicles

I’ve been cooking a lot more lately – partly because I have more time (even with the commute), and partly because I have to use up all the damned vegetables, and that’s not going to happen if I eat frozen pizza. I will make it through the potato-leek soup (which I hereby dub spuds-a-leeky) by next week, but only if I continue eating it for dinner every night. The cranberry-pear glazed yams were quite good, but I have yet to figure out how to make something more than just barely edible out of kale. (The birds are getting a lot of kale these days.)

As much as I’d like to believe that I’m just amazing in the kitchen, the following picture is probably more representative.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a separate note, the elliptical showed up last week, and I finally put it together on Saturday evening. There were a whole lot of pieces in the box. That was good news since the box was 140 pounds and I wouldn’t have been able to muscle it inside if I hadn’t unpacked most of the box on the porch. The bad news was that it took three hours to assemble. But assemble it I did, and I didn’t even have any extra pieces at the end. Go team! (There’s a ‘me’ in team, you know.)

My legs are a little sore this week…

2 comments:

Eric said...

Have you cleaned your stove yet?

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Yes, and let me tell you, partially baked-on waffle batter is not particularly easy to get off a stove.