Monday, December 23, 2019

Bags of Holiday Cheer

You know I'm in the holiday spirit, because I went into the veterinary hospital at 5:30 PM, slung a bag of warm cat diarrhea across the counter, and said "Merry Christmas!" I figure if someone jumps back and yells "Jesus!"* when you greet them in late December, you're definitely keeping the Christ in Christmas.

Hey, at least I double-bagged it.

Anyhow, now that chore is out of the way, it's time to start my yearly cleaning-for-the-pet-sitter. It's a little easier this year because her expectations will be pretty low -- she was already here at the beginning of November when I didn't have a chance to get ready, so it's not like she doesn't know what my house is like normally. Still, it's good to clean things up once a year. Tonight is the refrigerator and all the empty boxes that have been piling up in the living room. The bird cages and floors will be the goal for tomorrow.

Everything else can wait until next year.

Grey cat stares at the camera
Guido-You-Bastard is tired of your shenanigans.

-----
* Christy did no such thing, because she's a professional.

1 comment:

Mellie said...

Haha, I always cleaned my house for the pet sitter too! Can't have her thinking we're slobs now can we?