Sunday, January 18, 2015

It's My Party, I'll Revise If I Want To

Last weekend I went to a "Revision Party" held at the house of one of the guys in my writing group. Before I explain, I'd just like everyone to take a moment to marvel at the fact that I willingly went to something sort of social. It's truly amazing.

A revision party is just what it sounds like -- everyone sits around and revises something they've been working on. In practice, that means a group of people sitting around a table, each with their own laptop, ignoring everyone else and typing. While some people might describe this atmosphere as anti-social, in reality it's perfect for people like me. There's no awkward small talk because there's not really any talk at all.

My friend J.J. called it "a rave for introverts".

Anyhow, I went, I revised, I ate snacks, and I left and now I have officially submitted the second of three writing prompts I have to complete for my writing group. One more and I'm in the clear.

Who says I don't have a social life?

No comments: