Sunday, September 7, 2014

Yes, I am a Cat Person

The little dog continues to excel at agility, if by excel I mean rolling on her back in front of the tunnel entrance. Despite that snag, she's doing pretty well. I was having a hard time getting her to keep on the mini-course last week because she wanted to keep going over the A-frame. Having her run off course because she's so excited about a different obstacle is not the worst problem to have. At least she's having fun.

Getting her back in the car after class is done is about like trying to get a little kid to get in the car after a trip to the park. (And as someone who threw a two-hour tantrum about such a thing as a three year old, I know whereof I speak...)

She's currently sulking in her crate because I gave her a bath earlier today (for the same reason she's had the last five baths). I keep hoping that at some point she'll make the connection between rolling in smelly stuff and having to endure a bath, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Right after I finished rinsing her off, she ran over to the fresh dirt and rolled around in it. Then she was upset I wouldn't let her muddy self back in the house until she dried off.

Somehow the cats don't have this problem. And they could probably learn to do agility if I found the right treats to motivate them.

No comments: