Sunday, April 27, 2014

Targets of Advertising


It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single woman in her forties in possession of a Facebook account must be in want of online dating ads.

Often they are of the "Wealthy men seeking mature women" type and let me tell you, those aren't fooling anyone. You find me one wealthy guy who really likes mature women and I'll show you a guy who is fending women off with a stick. That guy doesn't need an online dating site.

Generally, though, I get an ad from Zoosk showing me a picture of some guy that is not calculated to make me want to sign up. Just a tip, Zoosk -- stop showing me pictures of guys in tank tops. It's not sexy. My favorite Zoosk picture is of a guy with slicked back hair wearing a tank top and orange crocs. Let's face it, when I am offended by some guy's fashion choices, it's a bad sign.



 And then there's this other site. I'm pretty sure "Trent" and "Cesar" are actually the same person. Unfortunately, neither they nor "Jim" can form a complete English sentence, which is a little sad since they are clearly respected professionals. Also, since I don't post pictures of myself on Facebook, I'm not sure which photo they are commenting [on]. Perhaps the pictures of my cats? That would be a little weird.







And just to prove that a) other people get even worse ads, and b) my friends are funnier than I am, I offer this from one of my vet school classmates:






No comments: