Sunday, March 10, 2013

La De Dah

I took a few days off my writing (fiction and code) schedule last week to work on the yard. Hey, the weather is beautiful and besides, if I get the weeds under control now, I may not have to take the dogs in on emergency because one of them snorted up a foxtail.

Molly (the bigger dog) spent the days doing her impression of a speed bump, usually right in the area I was trying to weed. There's still a large-dog-shaped clump of weeds near the garden where I just went around her.

Ginger (the alarm system) divided her time between rolling in whatever she could find and barking at people walking by, and then when she was tired of being outside, she would run over to where I was working to lick my face.

Other than the fact that I'll probably die of Sporotrichosis in a few weeks because I kept impaling myself on the mutant rose bush that is crawling across the yard, I enjoyed myself.

Still not ready to go back to work in case you were wondering...

No comments: