Sunday, March 17, 2013

Get Out the Vote

This week I'm going to be more disciplined. I swear. Really. Dammit.

Anyhow, I was thinking about my list of fun / non-essential projects and I think it's time to do at least one of them. So here's the current list:

  1. Learn to sew. (Yes, I have a sewing machine. I think I've even used it twice, but I'm not sure I can thread the thing correctly any more. There's probably stuff on YouTube to help with this. I may have to Skype with my mom.)

    If nothing else, I could make a dog bed to replace the one that I destroyed in the washing machine this morning.

  2. Put up a fence (framed with wood, but with mesh (chicken wire?) attached to the frame) with a small gate from the back of the property to the garage so I can destroy the gigantic gate from hell that is blocking my driveway.

    I pretty much suck at doing precision things, though, so this may be beyond my skill set. And my set of tools. And my patience.

  3. Put up an herb spiral sort of like http://dirtgarden.wordpress.com/2011/04/03/herb-spiral-planted/. I think this would be cool. Also, it would cover part of the used-to-be-a-lawn-before-the-weeds-took-over area in the back yard.

    I have no idea where one buys straw, though. The feed store maybe? Will a bale fit in my car (2002 Civic)?

  4. Make a "Large Animal Veterinarian Barbie" for Clay Paw Liz, my old resident mate. This request was inspired by an article listing the most ridiculous Barbies sold, including one that included a slide from the exam table into a bathing tub for cats. This could have been designed by the Indian senior students I had when I was an intern who had never handled a cat before. They didn't initially understand why I countermanded their "Leash walk outside q4h" orders.

    This one does require me to at least get through part of "Learn to sew" unless I use superglue to make a set of scrubs. I also have to go find a Barbie (or a knockoff), but I think I should be able to find one at one of the thrift stores downtown, and for this project the grungier the better.
So... anybody have a preference? Suggestions? Ideas?

Pretend there is a polling option here and make your voice heard!

1 comment:

JJ said...

There are patterns out there for Barbie clothes. Apparently, lots of people do make things for their dolls.

Knowing you, I would stick with the surgiglue...