Friday, June 4, 2010

Through the Looking Glass (Literally)

The bathroom is slowly being put back together again.

The paint turned out better than I had any right to expect, given the amount of planning I put into it (i.e., none). I'm quite happy with it. I'm having a problem getting the colors to show up properly in the pictures, but this gives an idea of what the finish looks like.

(Click to make it bigger)


I think the best part of the repainting was taking down the mirror and finding the original wallpaper. Maybe they still make stuff like this, but I haven't seen it... I like the humor in the scenes and just the sheer absurdity.







(Count the arms...)


This last scene really makes me wonder.




Okay, so if you can get past the fact that three guys are shaving together in the bathroom,
1) Why is Bertha in the bathroom with them?
2) Why is Bertha shaving at the mirror?

Anyhow, I left the wallpaper up behind the mirror for the next person to find...

6 comments:

jeff said...

Next person? You leaving?

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

The house might outlast me. Especially if I ever get the roof fixed.

JJ said...

This wallpaper is really funny and strange. I don't think Bertha is shaving because I don't see a shaving brush (unless she is lathering up).

The faux finish looks pretty good.

Are both bathrooms functional now?


Grr....roofs!!!

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

But... three guys and Bertha? Who is apparently so ugly that the mirror broke? I just... my brain hurts.

I'm quite happy with the faux finish. There are a couple of spots that would have turned out better if I knew what I was doing, but really, who cares? It looks much better than the wallpaper.

Still waiting on the vanity for the other bathroom. Home Depot said ten days, which could mean anything. Then I have to figure out how to get it home and installed.

Yeah, roofs. I feel your pain.

jeff said...

roofs? roofies?

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Both are evil.