Sunday, June 13, 2010

Take two chills and call me in the morning

So, almost nine months after I bought the chiller for my aquarium, I finally hooked it up. So far, so good -- I haven't accidentally drained the tank onto the kitchen floor yet.

The good news is that now I don't have to air-condition the entire house in order to keep the tank at 82 degrees.

The bad news is that now I don't have a good excuse to air-condition the house. My backup excuse, the ancient blind dog who really didn't do well in the heat, is also gone. The new dog doesn't seem as bothered by the heat, or maybe I'm just not as tuned in to her needs. The cats don't really care as long as they don't have to move, and the birds don't even slow down in their screaming.

That just leaves me. It turns out that I'm the wimp here. It was 97 degrees F in Woodland today, and I spent most of the day lying down trying to imagine a cooler place. Meanwhile my 65 year old neighbor was out mowing both of our lawns.

I think maybe this saving the planet crap is overrated.

No comments: