Things noted during the vacation:
- I had the ultimate airbed experience. That's when you blow up the airbed, go right to sleep, then wake up sometime in the middle of the night when the inevitable slow leak progresses to the point that you are lying on the ground. Two nights in a row. (The third night was with a new airbed. I'm not convinced it didn't leak as well, but at least it leaked more slowly.)
- Jojo the Enforcer came out in favor of polygamy. When pressed on this point, she admitted that she really just wants other people to do the housework and watch the kids.
- Poor Rigo, Jojo's husband, is not in favor of polygamy. I get the feeling that Jojo is as much as he can handle. There's a reason he's almost always referred to as "Poor Rigo" in our family.
- After reading my Christmas blog, Rigo (allegedly) told JoJo that I had too much time on my hands. I'd try to be offended, but after spending three days with their kids, I see his point.
- Tips for flying: never sit near a small child with the stomach flu. For that kindly stranger with the hand sanitizer who gave up his aisle seat on the flight from Detroit to LA: Sorry the kid puked on you. That's what you get for being such a nice guy.
- My twelve year old niece is now officially taller than I am. And thinner and blonder. And I think my brother might own a gun, so all you adult males should just keep on walking. She's twelve.
* Too much work, and no vacation,
Deserves at least a small libation.
So hail! my friends, and raise your glasses,
Work's the curse of the drinking classes.