Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wasting Away Again In La La La La Land...

When are they going to invent a transporter already? This is the sort of thing I wonder as I'm stuck in traffic in LA. In order to visit family in Orange County, my choices are
  • Get locked up in a little metal box with horrible air and no personal space. And pay for the privilege.
  • Drive.
Driving really is the more attractive choice. Unfortunately, there really isn't a way to get from Sacramento to Orange County without going through LA.

Here is the Los Angeles that I know:



I see the same thing every time. In fact, traffic is all I see. I used to try to time things so that I would miss "rush hour", but then I realized that rush hour extends from 6am to 10 pm, and sometimes later.

It took roughly three hours to drive what should be a two hour drive through Los Angeles. I had lots of time to take pictures because this was my speed for a significant part of the trip:



Fortunately, my navigator doesn't mind stop and go traffic, so it was alright in the end...

2 comments:

JJ said...

One of the many things I hate about CA is the traffic.

Not that the right coast doesn't have traffic. I just bypass it by taking public transit. OK, I do have to drive to work because I work in suburbia (shudder), but I almost never drive on the weekends. I <3 the MBTA.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

I'm pretty sure they need to level LA and start over again. However, I've thought that about a few other places I've been, including Boston, so perhaps I just have no patience...