Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sex and The City Ain't Got Nothin' On Me!

It seems like all I do these days is change my shoes.

Just to show you all what a girlie girl I am, I have photographed my shoe collection. Yeah, sure, I've got no Manolo Blahblahs, but my shoes are pretty stylish.

Exhibit A: (The Eccos just for work -- ie, the ones that don't smell like horse poop)

Exhibit B: (The Eccos just for gardening and stable stuff -- yep, they smell like horse poop)
(They used to be work shoes, but in a closed office with iffy air circulation, it starts to smell like a barn.)

Exhibit C: (the deep mud/necropsy floor/chasing cows in a dark pasture boots)

Exhibit D: (the name brand but might as well be generic running shoes which I have never run in, but can be worn in the house if needed)

And finally, exhibit E: (ah, it's the end of the day and I have cold hardwood floors slippers)

Not pictured: the polo boots which finally arrived and fit the width of my freakishly large calves, but were too long and zipped over my knees, making it hard to get on a horse. The cobbler should be done modifying them soon. Again, I blame this genetic deformity on Mom and/or Dad.

4 comments:

JJ said...

This is similar to my show collection pre-Davis except substitute Danskos for the Eccos. I know you're amazed!

Meg said...

You must have some flip flops somewhere? Or wait...Birkenstocks, right?

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

I'm really not crunchy enough to have Birkenstocks. And I don't think I've owned a pair of flip-flops in about fifteen years.
I think I stubbed my toes just one too many times -- now my feet are more likely to be protected by steel-toed boots (which I actually do have in my garage, unless they were stolen along with the tools...).

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Oh yeah, and I do have a pair of Danskos, but I haven't worn them since I quit my residency.

JJ, I still think it's really weird that Frank inspires a love of shoes in all of his residents. (Okay, I think dentistry is a weird specialty anyhow, but what's the connection with shoes?)