Thursday, February 7, 2019

The Big Dog Pops Out

Lessons learned today:
  • Somewhere there must exist a mouse that works, but I don't own it. I don't know if it's the mouse (which is not the first with this problem), the cat hair on all surfaces, or the desk (although I've tried using a mouse pad and that worked even less well), but I either get no movement at all or... okay mostly it's just no movement at all and then every once in a while it will move and skip over what I was aiming for. Very irritating.
  • When using GIMP, keep an eye on the active layer. When it just isn't doing anything at all, it's probably either made another layer active or added a whole new layer while you weren't looking.
Anyhow, here we have it -- the big dog popping out of the photograph!




And the layers for anyone playing at home:

 Next time -- something that doesn't require fine control over the mouse...

I'm making one image a day for Thingadailies.

2 comments:

Route 8 said...

Very nice! I love layers. And big dog's ears.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

I love his ears, too! I get the best pictures when there are squirrels running around nearby...