Sunday, June 1, 2014

Still Fencing After All These Years

Now the other, smaller, fence separating the garden from the yard is being redone. I have filled the green waste bin up to the top, and yet still had to take the little dog in to have three foxtails extracted from her ears this week. That's what I get for letting my weeds grow so well.

Today I made pumpkin pie, except that they didn't have any pureed pumpkin at the store, so I used sweet potatoes instead. It's... interesting. It would probably be better with a little of the sugar I left out. Still, it's not terrible, so that's something. (The bar is rather low when it comes to cooking.)

I also made a Greek potato-vegetable casserole, with dill and parsley. Thankfully that one tasted better than it smelled going into the oven because that's going to be six meals this week. Disasters in cooking are fine when I only have to eat them once, but six times and I'd have to give up and call Domino's.

At some point there really will be pictures of the fence...

No comments: