Sunday, May 11, 2014

I Had A Swell Time (*)

Things I learned this weekend while visiting my parents:
  • Sometimes a hatchet is really the best thing to use for splitting up a plant while re-potting it.
  • My mom didn't learn that Santa Claus didn't exist until she was in the fourth grade.
  • K-Poo went to the first day of the women in leadership training hungover. (High five!)
  • My mom still looks pretty much the same as she did in her high school yearbooks.
Anyhow, I'm back. The little dog is still boarding until tomorrow, so it's very quiet here. The cats have been gorging themselves all weekend at the all-you-can-eat buffet and couldn't be bothered to notice me when I came in the door (except for Ripley who rolled around on the floor in front of me and generally made a pest of himself).

* There's a story behind the title, but I promised my mom I wouldn't mention it on the blog and it's Mother's Day and everything, so...

No comments: