Sunday, October 20, 2013

What's a Creeper?

For the second year in a row, the theme of the birthday boy was "Minecraft".  I still think it's hard to make treats based on a computer game, but here is my entry for the year:






The pink cupcakes are supposed to look like the Minecraft mushrooms, and the green brownies are some sort of dirt or grass or something. Neither of them turned out the way I was planning, but I'm not exactly a perfectionist, so I just shrugged my shoulders and called it good. Please note that I don't intend to ever make a living as a professional baker.


Later that evening Crow the cat decided to help by knocking off the cover and licking the icing off a couple of brownies. You'll be happy to know that I threw out those brownies and frosted new ones. This is in contrast to someone I know whose dog ate the tops off of every cupcake cooling on the counter. She just used an extra-thick layer of frosting and sent them off to school with her kids and nobody was the wiser.


Anyhow, a good time was had by all, I think. (I was avoiding all of the children at the party, but I didn't hear any screaming, so I'm assuming nothing bad happened.) The bounce house didn't fall down the hill, and the custom piñata eventually cracked open. Also, Jeff didn't burn his eyebrows off while manning the grill.

I promise to make fun of K-Poo Weak Hands and her confusion about the products of aerobic and anaerobic respiration at a later date... Let's just say that you might not want to drink carbonated water when she's in charge of the world.


No comments: