Sunday, January 13, 2013

Blowing Up The Balloon

As it turns out, there's not a lot of support for "The Red Balloon" amongst my friends. No less than four different people independently informed me that they didn't like the film (or the book based on the film) either.

So now my question is, why exactly is that considered a work of art? Is it just because it used color in a way that was somewhat unique (yes, that phrase is just in there to annoy Rvan) at the time? I refuse to believe it is because of the acting or the soundtrack. I will, however, give it points for special effects since I never could find the wires connected to the balloons and I spent some time looking. Perhaps that film was inflicted on me multiple times because it was awarded a special effects Oscar...

Anyhow, I'm thinking that perhaps I should review some other films to see if they're all completely overrated. I might even take a year or so off to work on this pressing issue...

No comments: