Sunday, July 15, 2012

Random Pictures

In the past ten years I think I've tried to grow sunflowers in my garden at least five times, and out of the hundreds of seeds I have planted, none ever sprouted. I finally decided that continuing to plant sunflower seeds fit the definition of insanity (i.e., doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result) and stopped.

Naturally, this came up on its own this year. It's about seven feet tall. I don't even water that patch of dirt.


The garden has been a bit neglected in general this year, but that doesn't seem to have bothered it one bit. I've never had any luck with annuals reseeding (other than weeds), but the marigolds came through for me. (I planted the basil behind it. Getting that to reseed would be too much to ask for.)


Speaking of ongoing attempts, Ripley the cat has spent the last two years desensitizing the dogs to his presence. I'm not sure Molly notices him at all though. In another ten years or so they might start sleeping together. (I think I need to get Ripley his own puppy.)


 And finally, in the interests of fairness, a picture of Ginger. Maybe I really should have gone with the pink camouflage bed...





No comments: