Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's Aht, dammit!

For all those people who lacked appreciation for the realistic snail portraiture evident in the last post, I offer you the following picture.


I think you'll all agree that my rendition was spectacular.

While I'm on the subject of incredibly life-like art, I've also produced the following:

"Work, last week"
Medium: bird pellets

I could let you figure it out yourselves, but I don't have much faith in the art appreciation talent of those around me. It's obviously Rvan pushing me under a bus. The red thing at the back is the quality chicken. (If this doesn't make sense to you, that means that you still have a chance of living a fulfilling life full of joy and wonder. It also means you haven't had to work with me on and off for the last fifteen years.)

Let me focus (as if I could actually focus the camera, but we won't go there right now) on the detail in the lower right corner.

You can tell that the figure on the left is me because of my calves. And the other figure is Rvan because his head is so big and he isn't bending any joint in his body.

Take that, Rembrandt!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Shouldn't your calf have a red mark on it from where my dog "gnawed" on you from behind?

That bus has been running me over for two years. I wish I could say you'll stop noticing it.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Your little land shark didn't gnaw so much as catch and release. But that would have been a great addition had I thought of it...

Now I've got "Wheels on the bus go round and round" stuck in my head.

jeff said...

I was right, I liked the first picture of the snail much better -- although, the real snail is sporting some attitude w/ that 'hair'.

In the second, I got the bus immediately but he chicken was a bit of a stretch.

What's that pellet between you and rvan supposed to be? Parts are already coming off?

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

The chicken was difficult, especially with my attention span.

About the bit between me and Rvan, it's either a) an early casualty of the bus running me over, or b) a piece that I didn't notice until after I took the pictures. Take your pick.